Safeguarding the welfare of our pupils is everyone’s responsibility, all of the time. All staff at Repton Prep are trained to have a duty to safeguard pupils and to provide a safe environment. Every Reptonian deserves to be safe, happy and able to flourish, and as such we aim to be proactive in our approach to pupil wellbeing and safeguarding.
Repton’s outstanding pastoral care is at the heart of our approach to safeguarding, a network of monitoring and support ensures that our we prioritise a proactive response helping to avoid issues and where they arise that they are dealt with before they become a significant problem.
Our dedicated team works closely to provide the support network the pupils require to flourish. This includes:
- Dedicated Head of Years/Sections
- Close relations with their Form Tutors
- Attentive pastoral monitoring and support
- An ‘all-eyes-on’ web-based concern reporting system, Wellbeing Manager (iSAMS)
- Hearing the voice of the pupils including the use of Affective Social Tracking and various school councils
- Individualised pastoral plans managed by Deputy Head Pastoral and key staff
- Onsite counselling and healthcare via the Health and Wellbeing Centre and our trained counsellors
- A very well-developed, carefully planned PSHE programme for all year groups